I would describe myself as a highly energetic and enthusiastic individual who has strategized, developed, and implemented innovative international products and services in the health and fitness, finance, technology & IT, and manufacturing and distribution industries. Comfortable in self-starting, entrepreneurial, and visionary environments. Independently motivated with a very open analytical mind that is constantly surveying the surrounding environment. Team player, builder, and leader accustomed to fast-paced environments. Welcoming of feedback for lessons from challenges with a humble thirst to better the team, the environment, and self wherever and whenever the opportunity arises. Well-trained, disciplined, driven, and outside-of-the-box thinking individual with seven years experience as project manager, brand manager, operations specialist, and business developer.
ELLIOT AQUILA CONSULTING
April 2014 - Present
An intraprenuerial contract consultant specializing in brand management, business development, and project management services to small and medium sized companies. Elliot Aquila Consulting understands the hardships, pitfalls, and avoidable costs of getting products and services to market profitably. Applying years of successful entrepreneurial and business development experience to keep projects cost-effective, brands recognizable, and revenue streams lucrative!
- Completed international procurement project under budget and on time while reducing sourcing costs by 8%.
- Rebranded three clients completely using international freelance network exceeding client expectations while reducing cost by an average of 15%.
EPICOA HOLDING COMPANY
Chief operating officer
director of Global sales
April 2012 - February 2014
Epicoa & Scheer are the world’s leading manufacturers of residential and commercial Brazilian rotisserie charcoal and gas grills. Owned 90% market share of all Brazilian steakhouses in 2014 and voted #1 Charcoal Grill in America 2013.
- Built a global distributor network from zero revenue to $1,000,000 and beyond by leading an incredible sales and marketing team.
- Reduced costs of manufacturing by 33% using Six Sigma methodologies.
- Designed and implemented Epicoa rebranding; which resulted in a 25% increase in sales to targeted markets across three brands.
- Designed and patented new lines of commercial and residential culinary equipment with joint venture manufacturing partners, contract engineers, and contract manufacturers.
- Performed regular QA / QC site visits in Brazil and China.
- Built and managed website and e-commerce platform
August 2011 - May 2012
OneBuy is an innovative and proprietary payment solution for online shopping. Your personal information is converted into a unique token that is only valid for a short window. Enough time for merchant and issuing banks to transact but not long enough to be vulnerable to hackers.
- Led on-time phase-gate development using Agile and lean startup methodologies to effectively launch BETA mobile application.
- Coordinated mobile application development between teams in São Paulo, Brazil and Dallas, Texas.
- Wrote intellectual property proposals that resulted in patents compliant with the Patent Cooperation Treaty.
- Prepared and presented financial reviews as liaison to venture capital firm to safeguard funding for business operations while reducing company burn rate.
January 2010 - August 2011
AFV is a family owned and operated venture capital firm. AFV applies a highly profitable and proprietary mixture of force multiplication theory, experienced and passionate associates, and proven business practices.
- Ensured investments were on mission and yielding measurable results through financial and operational analysis that resulted in a 60% investment success rate.
- Responsible for the strategic and financial successes of investments based upon business plans, pro formas, and roadmaps.
- Implemented AFV’s propriety operational practices through waterfall or Agile project management methodologies.
- Performed operational and financial evaluations of potential investment opportunities based on AFV’s KPI indexes and extensive research. Applied lean startup protocols to keep burn rates low and project pivots valuable.